Monday, September 03, 2007

Weather Forecast

As I write this, there's a delightful little thunderstorm going on right now. It's not quite the "crack-boom" goodness of a summer thunderstorm in the desert or the Midwest, but a few deep rumbles are enough to get me a little nostalgic.

I know that when there's a thundershower in the forecast, the weather widget on the Mac's dashboard has a cool picture of a cloud with forked lightning. I hit the hotkey, hoping to see confirmation of what my ears were already telling me. Instead of a thundercloud, the weather icon showed a partially obscured moon (nighttime, cloudy). Baffled, I checked the Weather Channel's site. It, too, proclaimed "partly cloudy". You'd think they'd stick their head outside every once in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home