Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Delivery Windows

No, I'm not talking about those mail-order, double-hung, double-pane energy savers... I'm talking about the period of time in which your tech/delivery/parcel is expected to arrive. Lately, I've had good luck with these--my new bed arrived 5 minutes before the two hour window was set to begin.

But this morning, my DSL tech arrived 1.5h into the 4h window. I should give him credit; that's still before the midline, but killing time from 8-9:30AM isn't so easy, if you have to be awake for the guy when he arrives.

Apparently my house is a wiring wasteland. First attempt at "most conveniently located phone tap" results in a dead box. Fiddling around at the spliced junction in the basement yielded nothing, either. Ok, try the downstairs box, oh wait, that's just a few bare wires. Wait, there's another phone tap upstairs! Omg, this works! But I can't get the full upload speed promised by the salesman. So much for the upsell.

But after about half an hour of fiddling, I finally have net again. Sweet, sweet, net. Tastier than the first caffeine of the morning after a restless night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Krisanne said...

Welcome back to the 21st Century. :)

10/18/2005 04:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home