Saturday, August 26, 2006

Don't Say That!

I've had a slow leak in my right rear tire for some time now. I've had to reinflate it a couple of times--once even using my bike pump. I've been meaning to head back to Costco to get them to address it, but just haven't made it there. It was on my mind as I was headed for the airport on Monday morning, and I thought "I sure hope it doesn't go completely flat during the week when I'm gone." Crap. Don't say that. Sure enough. I went straight from the plane (was in the front row this time, not the last) to my car, found that the tire was indeed flat. Changed the tire in short order (yay for the spare being in good shape after 3-1/2 years of idleness), returned to baggage claim for my bag. It's amazing how fast your bag comes out on the belt when you've got other things to do first.

Recently, I started making a list of things that I wanted to purchase (new desktop computer, heart rate monitor) or need to replace (socks, t-shirts, wheelset, etc). One of the things that made it to the list was a replacement lamp for my projector. Don't say that! As I turned it on tonight to watch practice from the Turkish GP, it's all BLUE. Crap.

I really need to stop putting energy into these things!

Update: After being turned off and turned back on again, the projector came back normal, instead of blue. It was just sad--it missed me while I was gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home