Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Short Line

When I arrived at SeaTac today to fly to the Bay Area, I figured I'd have plenty of time. Sure, I knew that there were new restrictions in place at the security screening area, so I built a bit of time in. But honestly, a 6am flight on a Tuesday? Monday's the big "commute by flying day", so arriving at 5am shouldn't be a problem, right?

Well, it wasn't. At least, not for me. The line to check in at the counter (with checked bags, of course) was looped through the snaky waiting-for-a-ride-at-Disneyland lane thing, then past the entire length of the checkin desk area, and back to security. I've never been happier to be Premier. My line had six people in it. Cha-ching. Sadly, I hadn't eaten any breakfast, and the line at the BK inside the N-gate area was completely "jammers". There weren't even any pretzels to go with my empty Nalgene water bottle on the plane. Sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home