Saturday, May 06, 2006

Teeth

Ever since I got my new crown, I wake up with a slightly sore tooth. Not like cavity sore, but it compares to the same feeling as when you've just come from the orthodontist and you've had your braces tightened. And my bite is ever-so-slightly off. But after about 10 minutes, the bite is back to normal, and the pain is gone. Weird.

Now for a different kind of teeth. I had to have my second new chain put on my bike this past week. Lots of mileage, and I'm a gear masher. Oh, and I weigh 200 lbs. No desire to etch the teeth on the cassette or chainrings, so I'm in the "change early, change often" camp of chain maintenance. When I picked up the bike, I was told that my big ring was bent. Gear-mashers, hooooo!

And this one was new to me. Today, out on a long ride, I was attempting a track stand while waiting for traffic. The road cleared, and I went to pedal off down the trail. Suddenly, I was freewheeling, getting no purchase whatsoever. Having thrown the chain off the inside of my small ring a couple of times lately, I assumed that this was what had happened. Not so. The chain was floating over the top of the teeth on the small ring. Whether it was suspended above those teeth, in between the two chainrings, I'm not sure. Either way, it was a quick fix and I was off down the road. But an odd one, to be sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home