Thursday, December 21, 2006

Local Businesses

I try to patronize local businesses when I can. I'd rather give my money to a local proprietor who is trying to build something for themselves and the community than to a large corporation. I don't strictly hold that all large corporations are evil, I just choose to give local folks my money. For example, I do most of my grocery shopping at Ballard Market, head to the local cafes instead of Starbucks or Tully's, buy from local bike shops, etc.

One of my favorite local restaurants is Gordito's. I've patronized their store in Greenwood quite often, and I was pleased to see that they had opened up one in Queen Anne as well. When I went out seeking breakfast, ostensibly headed to the Five Spot, my stomach was derailed when I caught a whiff of the carne asada and pollo asado on the grill. So I crossed the street to go to Gordito's instead and was met with a sign which caused a bit of consternation. The QA location of Gordito's hasn't worked out well for them, and so will be closing before the end of the year. The Greenwood location will still be going strong, so I can continue to get my fix. But even so, it's saddening to see such good Mexican food going unloved in Queen Anne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home