Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Safari

Mike knows that I'm a bit of a Mac fan. (I leave off the "atic" from that word; I don't proselytize, so much as geek out--"wow, check out this feature!") When he and Alexandra returned from a short vacation on Sunday, he returned to his Windows PC to find the message "Safari installation complete." He was immediately suspicious and asked if I had come to the house. Turns out the recent update of iTunes installs Safari by default, as well. Not my fault--I don't even have a key!

But the joke's on him because I prefer Firefox (consistency of interface fom my PC days)!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey Baker said...

Yeah, apparently the Apple Software Update *installs* other Apple products onto your machine at the same time that it updates existing ones.

Gotta love it when companies debase themselves by jumping onto the "Opt Out" bandwagon.

3/25/2008 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Sanford Owings said...

Yeah, the Kool-Aid drinkers will say "yay, they're sharing the love with PC users!" The PC users who aren't in the Apple camp will get that little bit more sour. I agree that it shouldn't default to installing Safari.

3/25/2008 08:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home