Wednesday, June 07, 2006

OMGWTFBBQ

Here now in Burlington, MA, outside Boston for a week training some of our customers. After a bit of initial anxiety, the training is going well.

This morning, however, didn't start all that well. I heard a loud screaming type noise, which I thought was just the snooze function of the alarm clock just being that more insistent the second time around. No. Fire alarm. So I got up right on time, but I couldn't go from bed to the shower like I ordinarily would. Oh, but wait, I did get a shower. It was raining outside this morning as we waited for the fire department to come and clear the alarm.

This evening, I headed off for a barbecue restaurant that Krisanne had recommended. I looked up the directions online, didn't seem too tough. But I still have this association of "towards water equals West". So I made the wrong turn from 95 onto MA-2. I figured that out pretty quickly, and got going the right way again. Headed east down MA-2 towards Arlington and Somerville. Got onto Mass. Ave. and looked for my turn to Davis Square. That's when it all went wrong. At some point, I made it into Cambridge (too far), past Havahd Yahd, and eventually crossed the Charles (waaayyy too far). By the time I got turned back around and stopped at a service station for directions, I had been driving for nearly an hour and a half. As I finally neared the joint, parking places were nowhere to be found. I approached the counter and I was so discombobulated that when the hostess asked "how many?" I replied with my name. Er, no.

But when I finally did eat, wow, the place was good. I sat at the counter (always a good option), which promised faster seating. I got to watch the kitchen staff sling red beans, slaw, and 'cue. I ordered some St. Louis ribs and some cornbread, and was treated by the 'cue man to a sample of the link special. Tasty! Finishing it off? Nothing else but pecan pie would do. Well, sweet potato pie might have worked, but I'm a pecan man, myself.

After that much good food, I wouldn't have cared if I got lost on the way home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Krisanne said...

Glad to hear you liked it!

6/07/2006 08:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home