Saturday, March 17, 2007

Nor'easter

As a present for my successful week working at a client site in Connecticut, look what I got: My very own Nor'easter! After a week of mild temperatures (mid-to-high 50's) and clear weather, the storm settled in on Friday afternoon. The snowfall began, and just kept coming. It was snowing hard with gusty winds for several hours. Thoughts of heading to the City to visit friends were undone by snow-choked roads.

On the advice of others, I checked my flight status for my 8:30am (Saturday) flight home. By 2pm on Friday, it had already been cancelled. The airline could only promise to get me home on Monday, so I've got a couple of extra days to ponder the snow. The funny part is, the sun peeked out today, and the temps are warmer. Thanks to plowing and the change in weather, the roads are now in great shape. That just means that I don't have to stay indoors and off the roads during my extra days here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home