Saturday, October 22, 2005

Insufficient funds

No, I'm not broke. I just didn't have enough deposited into the food bank today to make it all the way through my ride. Fortunately, I only bonked mildly, and that was only 2mi from home, so it could have been a lot worse. But wait, low blood sugar, no energy? Doesn't that make me cranky? Yes, which is why I waited until I ate to post.

The ride was on my new bike, which I have dubbed Fearless (bite me, Rand). I rode out to I-90 and around Mercer. Got a bit lost, but nothing major. For a good portion of the ride, I was leapfrogging a couple who were also out enjoying the day. When they were in front, I kept hearing this weird metallic-sounding noise coming from the woman's bike. Only when I passed them up a hill did I realize that it was her heart monitor beeping madly!

I don't know if I'm going to keep the new saddle; I think I'll switch back to my Specialized Alias... if I can fix it. The carport impact actually pulled the back part of the saddle off the rail (the rail slides into a socket), and I haven't a clue of how to get it back together. Grrr. This is going to lead to a real insufficient funds scenario!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sanford Owings said...

Too bad your bike's first name isn't "Quintana"!

10/23/2005 12:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home