Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It's a Conspiracy

Woke up this morning early to RIDE BIKE! As I was airing the tires, F called to say she couldn't go this morning. Bummer, but ok, no worries. I took the opportunity to allow for a slight schedule change, giving the sunny morning a chance to go over 40 degrees. Smart, right? No need to freeze myself if I'm on my own....

And then ... a customer of mine popped up on email with an (admittedly) urgent issue. So I fired off a several-message salvo to get that fire tamed if not yet put out. This, of course, took time. A luxury I would have realized that I didn't have, if only my window faced south.

So I finally get on the bike after handling work and prep, and head off for Log Boom. Today there was one of those slight tailwinds--the kind that's gentle enough that you don't notice vegetation swirling, but you are getting a nice boost in pace. And then ... of course you turn around. By the time I hit Log Boom, there were whitecaps on the lake, and the clouds were looming. So, yes, of course, I got rained on. And blown on. Headwinds suck.

Today I put the 'grr' in 'GRRRRUMPY'.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Parker said...

Headwinds are just nature's way of helping you out with "resistance training".






As in... "resistance is futile". :)

1/30/2006 12:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home