Monday, January 16, 2006

Organ Donor Holidays

To the confused: the title of this post is a two-parter.

I found one good thing about the death of my old road bike today. Wheelsets! Because the wheels were unharmed in the parking incident, I have a spare set... to use when I break a spoke on the other set. Yay! So I walked my extra rear wheel down to the LBS, and worked out a plan to put the existing cassette on the old wheel so I can get back up and running quickly, and buy an 11-23 for the new wheel, so that I'll have a good "flats" gearset when I'm riding in Sweden and Denmark.

The LBS errand naturally took me to Downtown Ballard (you know what I mean, NW Market at 22nd Ave NW "ish"), so I planned a couple of other errands (and lunch) around the trip. First stop: LBS. Second stop: Licensing office. I received the title for my car from the lien company, but it's a California title, so I need to get that shifted. But in observance of the holiday, the licensing office was closed. Oh well, time for lunch!

Wander down to the Hi-Life, which is the way to satisfy the hefty mac-and-cheese craving that I had already loaded on. Because today is a holiday, they have their weekend menu. Weekend menu no-havey mac 'n' cheese. Bummer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home