Monday, June 23, 2008

TV-14 LV

Usually, when I'm watching Formula 1 coverage, it's aired on the Speed channel. But every year, Fox (which I believe is the parent company of Speed) tries to bring F1 to a more widespread American audience and airs the race on the regular Fox channels. The commentary changes a bit to accommodate a slightly lesser familiarity with F1.

It doesn't change so much, though, to include foul language. Which is why I was surprised to see the TV rating log in the top left corner of the screen when returning from a commercial break. The label read TV-14 LV, which, if I recall correctly, indicates that the show contains Language and Violence, and should only be watched by 14 year-olds, or older. And maybe turning right counts as "violence" to Nascar fans, but uh... I can't say I understand that rating, personally.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey Baker said...

The "V" is probably for the crashes. People can get killed. Can't have little kids seeing people get injure or killed now.

6/27/2008 01:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home