Friday, December 02, 2005

No Common Sense

Gradually, I've been putting some effort into decorating my house. When I moved up here from the Bay Area, I left pretty much everything behind. I just didn't want to pay to have it all shipped up. So I had no tables of any kind, no seating, no lighting, no window decorations, the list goes on.

Yesterday, my "big ticket" items of furniture arrived. An entertainment center, a side table, and a really nice leather sleeper sofa. So naturally, I wanted to show these items off and have some people over. But I still have this nagging lack of light in my house. People are reduced to wandering around with flashlights.

So when I was at JCPenney's yesterday, with their half-off lamp sale, I had to take a look around. Lots of light sources. Half off! You'd think my house would now be lit up brighter than a hotel on the Vegas Strip. But no, none of the lamps "spoke to me". You'd think I'd just pick up something that gives off light. That's where the common sense comes in.

And today, I forgot to get lunch. Which led, of course, to a blood sugar incident. Fortunately, no one was within range to feel the sting. You'd think I'd know by now that food == good. While in the midst of this low blood sugar state, I was working in the office upstairs. I thought "hmm, it's a bit chilly today". When I checked the thermostat, it had fallen to 52 inside the house until I realized that I should turn it back on. Duh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home