Sunday, February 05, 2006

Expedite This!

Since I'm going to be traveling to Malaysia in a couple of weeks, I decided that I should break down and finally replace my stolen iPod. I'm really going to want it for the trans-Pacific ride.

Rather than taking the instant gratification route and just picking one up at the Apple Store, I decided that I wanted mine customized this time. So I headed over to the online Apple Store, and selected my new prize. A 60G iPod in black. Monogram the back, thank you very much.

Adding the laser engraving doesn't increase the cost, but it does increase the expected delivery time. A bit of extra processing is of course needed to customize my iPod. From past experience, this amounts to about three more days of waiting. While I'm not in a crushing hurry to get this, I do want it to arrive before I depart. So, I checked the box for "3 day shipping", instead of the standard five. Checking the boxes on my calendar, this was the right choice to ensure iPodness before I get another stamp in my passport.

This was on Friday. I promptly got my order confirmation, and everything was looking good. On Saturday AM, I got my shipment notification. Wait what?! Already? You mean I didn't have to pay for the faster shipping, 'cause it would have made it here without it? Or does that little box make the elves work faster, too, and not just the delivery reindeer?!

Slow boat shipping (literally from China) or no, I'll have a new 'Pod soon. Hurray!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sanford Owings said...

Darth Kool-Aid

2/06/2006 02:34:00 PM  
Blogger Sanford Owings said...

Go with 'iNutter', to keep the similarity in syllable count. And if you're in England, people can misconstrue it to think you're just "advertising" your own insanity.

2/08/2006 12:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home