Tuesday, February 07, 2006

No Place Like Home

As I sit here, back in the Bay Area for a week, preparing to head in for another day of all-day meetings, I wistfully stare out the window and daydream of riding my bike. Clearly, right now there's someplace I'd rather be.

I could get into an argument of which area is more beautiful, Puget Sound or the San Francisco Bay. I could point to statistics about weather, or traffic, or talk about the skyline and air quality, but all that's moot. Seattle (the place that I now call home, for those of you keeping track) holds my interest now, and that's where I'd love to be.

Sunday in Seattle dawned bright and blue, and I wanted nothing more than to get on my bike and ride with friends. What was really on the docket? A flight back to Oakland for a week of meetings. Even my evenings are booked; I don't have a spare moment to catch up with friends.

Where are my ruby slippers? In contrast to Oz, these would take me back to the Emerald City.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home