Saturday, February 18, 2006

Stupid Americans

This trip to Kuala Lumpur is a work trip to train our partners in the region on the planning, setup and use of our software. I'm accompanied by a coworker of mine who lives in Singapore. I traveled to Singapore first, stayed overnight with my coworker, then the plan was to fly to Kuala Lumpur.

We both made our plane reservations on the same day, to make sure we got on the same flights. Fly from SIN to KUL on Saturday, return the following Friday. No problem.

When we got to the airport, our reservations couldn't be found. The clerk at the checkin desk took a few more minutes to track down our bookings. Turns out, both of us had somehow managed to select March 18th and 25th for our flights. Yes, March. Now I don't see how both of us could have made that mistake on the Singapore Airlines website, but there it is.

Maybe there was some glitch in the website, something to do with counting starting at 0 instead of 1. Who knows? The upshot of this is that we weren't able to get the same return flight on Saturday, so I'll miss my scheduled flight home to Seattle. No Chilly Hilly for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home