Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Wrong Trousers

Ok, not really the wrong trousers, but I made a few packing gaffes when coming to Malaysia. I forgot my DVI to VGA adapter for my Powerbook, so I can't give my training materials as a slideshow. Aww. But the shortcomings in the clothing department are a bit more annoying.

If ever there was a place where I should have brought my linen shirts, it's this one. The hotels we've been staying in have pools. Kickass. Did I bring trunks? No. Am I going to buy another "I forgot mine so I buy one on the road" pair again? No, my closet at home won't permit it. Did I bring shorts? Well, yes, but none with pockets, so I can't really walk around with my wallet in my hand. How about footwear... you know, some sandals would be really comfy right now. Let me check the suitcase. Uh, no. Crap!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sanford Owings said...

Since Brokeback Mountain was banned here completely, yeah, I'm guessing skinning dipping would also be "bad, mm'kay"?

2/22/2006 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger Ultragrrl said...

So sad. At least hang out by the pool with a drink in your hand and make it look like you are so cool you intentionally aren't swimming.

2/23/2006 07:50:00 AM  
Blogger Chris Parker said...

Buy the trunks, swim, and leave them in the hotel when you go home. :)

P.S. Let me know about the sporks.

2/23/2006 12:06:00 PM  
Blogger Sanford Owings said...

Having a drink by the pool? Not so fast... Muslim country, all that. No booze. Well, booze is really expensive, and I dunno if they'd let me have it by the pool.

I actually did go shopping, looking for shorts, or trunks that might play a dual role. But the L here is not an American L, and I just couldn't bring myself to buying XL.

I think F might take you up on the spork offer. I've been sneaking food with my left hand, shhh!

2/23/2006 06:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home