Friday, March 10, 2006

Michael Jackson

Because I've been lazy about getting on the bike, and I'm needing to put in some saddle time (and, in part, because my couch has been taken away, awaiting repair), I set up my trainer and bike in the front room. It's handy this way, I can watch TV while riding. Watching an hour-long show, sans commercials, or a half of (proper) football is a good bit of exercise.

Because this setup is stable, it's allowed me to do a couple things. First, I've come to realize that my old Specialized Alias saddle was actually bent from my encounter with the carport. No wonder it was feeling weird. I've also put it together that I really need to replace the Bar Phat I had on my old handlebars. My hands just suffer. And since this setup allows me to enjoy a relatively warmer climate than outdoor Seattle, it allows for some differences in costume. Like bike shorts, instead of tights. Like a regular t-shirt instead of a jersey. Like short-fingered gloves! Er, uh glove, since I can only seem to find one....

On the subject of "warmer climate", today's forecast called for winter mix, followed by thundershowers. Reality? Mid-forties with bright sunny skies, and only a couple puffs of cloud. Rock on, Mr. weather prediction man.

Update: Ok, so it did snow. Just a few hours later than predicted. And this morning was really nice!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ultragrrl said...

Intervals during the commercial breaks is always a great way to break up a ride. And, I was in I-90 during the rain/thunderstorm/hail/snow incident. What fun!

3/11/2006 09:17:00 AM  
Blogger Sanford Owings said...

Commercial breaks? TiVo is my friend. But I guess there's something to be said for riding the whole hour instead of just 40 minutes.

I hope for your sake that you were in a car over I-90 bridge during the time you're talking about, and not biking or running!

3/11/2006 05:14:00 PM  
Blogger Ultragrrl said...

I was stuck in my car in traffic. One of the few days of nasty weather this winter that I wasn't out running.

Yup, I skip commercials normally with the Tivo but when I am on the bike it is exactly an hour with them and it forces me to get in some intervals.

3/17/2006 11:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home