Thursday, February 23, 2006

Where's the Bubbly?

I confess to having a penchant for consuming the cola bevvies. I like to claim that I take my coffee "cold, sweet, and fizzy". Soda is my preferred caffeine vector. A friend of mine keeps track of the relative price of McD's Extra Value Meal #1 (Big Mac) when he travels. I keep track of the price of 500mL of Coke. Here in Malaysia, it's 1.60RM (less than 50 cents in US currency). But I figured out why it's so cheap, and what I'm paying for in other countries.

I'm paying for fizz. I don't buy 2L bottles of Coke (or other soda) in the States because I know damn well that I'll never finish it before it goes flat. As in, I'm not going to chug the whole 2L. And if I open a bottle of soda and I don't get that satisfying 'PSssshhttt' when I do, I know I'm going to be unsatisfied. I miss the "mouth feel" of the fizz. I miss the satisfying burps that you don't get when you drink flat soda. I might as well drink sugar water. Booo. So my sodas here in KL have been disappointingly fizzless. If I pay extra, can you carbonate it for me, please?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home